Outsourcee

This is the other side of the story. The other side of all those jobs that disappeared from the US of A, the ones people debate over endlessly on Slashdot. I'm one of the people who do those jobs. When I read those debates on Slashdot, on CNN, on the Indian Express, I wonder if they know what it feels like to be the guy who's taken those jobs. Here's what it's like...

Name:
Location: Karnataka, India

My writing tries to do the one thing I'd like to be able to do : Express emotion in the restricted vocabulary of language. Besides that, I find I'm an outsider to the human world, constantly trying to catch and analyze thinking patterns, adding them to my psyche when I can.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Call centres, love life don't mix

Interesting article about some of the hidden effects of working at a call centre : Call centres, love life don't mix.

While this isnt central to the direction of this blog, it serves as an indication that before going in for a career of such a nature, one needs to know more about it than the pay package.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fan de Alexa said...

I found your page by googling "outsourcee," and now I´m hooked. Not only am I amused by your style, I am, for the first time, emotionally connected to the other side of the outsourcing curtain. Love your humility, tim.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home