Outsourcee

This is the other side of the story. The other side of all those jobs that disappeared from the US of A, the ones people debate over endlessly on Slashdot. I'm one of the people who do those jobs. When I read those debates on Slashdot, on CNN, on the Indian Express, I wonder if they know what it feels like to be the guy who's taken those jobs. Here's what it's like...

Name:
Location: Karnataka, India

My writing tries to do the one thing I'd like to be able to do : Express emotion in the restricted vocabulary of language. Besides that, I find I'm an outsider to the human world, constantly trying to catch and analyze thinking patterns, adding them to my psyche when I can.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

"My Job Went to India"

George sends me this link about a book which so blatantly opportunistic it hurts. It's called "My Job went to India(and all I got was this lousy book.)" Well, atleast he knows the quality of his book beforehand.

The blurb is full of marketing-type gems like "It's time to take control of our careers, and in the process, learn to stay both relevant and employed.", and "You'll learn how to shift your skillset up the value chain, from offshore-ready commodity to one in high demand."

On a more serious note, this book ought to be on every Outsourcee company's library bookshelf. Any Indian manager who is dealing with American clients on a daily basis needs to know the keywords and terminology that reassures the client. And whatever techniques this guy advocates to 'keep current' can be used just as easily by Outsourcee companies too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are completely right. This book can definitely be used by people in outsourcing companies as well as those who are worried about (or have already) been affected by outsourcing.

What you'll find when the book is released is that its premise is to not blame the offshore software developers or the companies outsourcing to them. Its premise is that the industry has changed and that Western programmers need to look at improving themselves as opposed to looking for others to blame.

Dhanyawad!
Chad Fowler

8:31 AM  
Blogger Vivek said...

hi theda
at last i have created a blog at your advice.
i have named it the ecotourist and for a shortcut have pasted one of my earlier emails. (just to initiate)
do keep in touch
tinoooooooooo

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree. It all boils down to the bottom dollar, not so much to education, training nor quality as one would think.

Michigan

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

visit this site for more about offshore outsourcing offshoree.net

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home