Outsourcee

This is the other side of the story. The other side of all those jobs that disappeared from the US of A, the ones people debate over endlessly on Slashdot. I'm one of the people who do those jobs. When I read those debates on Slashdot, on CNN, on the Indian Express, I wonder if they know what it feels like to be the guy who's taken those jobs. Here's what it's like...

Name:
Location: Karnataka, India

My writing tries to do the one thing I'd like to be able to do : Express emotion in the restricted vocabulary of language. Besides that, I find I'm an outsider to the human world, constantly trying to catch and analyze thinking patterns, adding them to my psyche when I can.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

'US will collapse without outsourcing'

Here's a book written about the '2nd class employee' bias which Indians face as outsourcees and even as immigrant employees:
'US will collapse without outsourcing' - Sify.com

1 Comments:

Blogger David Streever said...

I am not against outsourcing, and in fact outsource work to India myself. However, I disagree with the sentiment that the US would "collapse"--the reality is Americans are cheap and arrogant, and want things there way for less and done better. America itself does not NEED outsourcing--it WANTS outsourcing, even if the people are too ignorant of cause and effect to admit it.

The American people/corporations have made outsourcing a necessity however for it's IT workforce--as an American web developer, I would not be able to meet all of my clients demands and needs without the help of Indian programmers. They work faster and harder for less money.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home