Outsourcee

This is the other side of the story. The other side of all those jobs that disappeared from the US of A, the ones people debate over endlessly on Slashdot. I'm one of the people who do those jobs. When I read those debates on Slashdot, on CNN, on the Indian Express, I wonder if they know what it feels like to be the guy who's taken those jobs. Here's what it's like...

Name:
Location: Karnataka, India

My writing tries to do the one thing I'd like to be able to do : Express emotion in the restricted vocabulary of language. Besides that, I find I'm an outsider to the human world, constantly trying to catch and analyze thinking patterns, adding them to my psyche when I can.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

An Open Challenge

A seemingly-unlreated article on Fortune.com drew my attention : The Amazing Do-It-Yourself Economy. The article talks of how much easier it's become for 'amateur' hobbyists to create products - websites, videos, audio, electronics - that are as polished as the professional ones.

One line in particular riles me :
To be fair, all this amateur energy isn't exactly a new force. When exciting technologies emerge, Americans have always pounced and created something original.

What are the rest of us, then? Where are the hordes of desi bloggers, singers, creators, inventors, ready to push their content to the rest of the world?

Well?

3 Comments:

Blogger Krish said...

Why should we take it in a "Iam the greatest sense"...That can very well fit into telling that Americans had always done that...it has not denied others doing it...there is nothing to take offense in that statement...had they told, only americans had been doing that, then it had to be condenmed in stongest possible terms..but with they not saying that, there is no need for self-apathy! I had been reading ur blog for quite sometime, but I felt like commenting on this because, it felt like reading too much in between the lines

1:42 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

But I do understand there might be other leading stuff that was written there in that article, that made u come to such a conclusion...I hadnt read that article, so well from whatever I read from ur post here, it doesnt seem to me as anything derogatory!

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are getting there...in time(its not that far away)...We will rule
Good wishes
ARION

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home