Outsourcee

This is the other side of the story. The other side of all those jobs that disappeared from the US of A, the ones people debate over endlessly on Slashdot. I'm one of the people who do those jobs. When I read those debates on Slashdot, on CNN, on the Indian Express, I wonder if they know what it feels like to be the guy who's taken those jobs. Here's what it's like...

Name:
Location: Karnataka, India

My writing tries to do the one thing I'd like to be able to do : Express emotion in the restricted vocabulary of language. Besides that, I find I'm an outsider to the human world, constantly trying to catch and analyze thinking patterns, adding them to my psyche when I can.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Paid-for article on Rediff?

Look through this article on Rediff : India, the world's high-end IT hub too

From the scarce number of companies referred to by this article, and the conspicious absence of the bigger names in the field, the article sounds like a veiled advertisement for this iSoft-whatsis. For my money, they're targeting developers whom they want to recruit.

Mainly, this is an attempt to attract people who have realized the stuff I've talked about over the past weeks, and who are now looking for alternative careers. Jumping to a product company is always risky in the Indian environment, so this company is offering a half-assed compromise between the two : We develop proper products (i.e. here you could become a highly paid pure techie), but these products are developed for some outsourcing company. The idea might just work, but everything is against it.

4 Comments:

Blogger W0lf said...

Ahh .. I saw the tail end of a piece on 'bloomba' (these startup names always make me laugh) on CNBC. Looks like they are in the midst of well...ummm...a marketing blitz.
I am working on a project where 'outsourced product development' is happening without either parties making big noises about it, but your perceptions about the entire process (from previous posts) are eerily uncanny.
Interesting stuff...

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful invention it is, this thing we call the Internet!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come and check it out if you get the time 8-)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Vous avez un blog très agréable et je l'aime, je vais placer un lien de retour à lui dans un de mon blogs qui égale votre contenu. Il peut prendre quelques jours mais je ferai besure pour poster un nouveau commentaire avec le lien arrière.

Merci pour est un bon blogger.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home